The 2012 Governor's Cup Yacht Race
Friday, August 3, 2012
St. Mary's College of Maryland Welcomes You to the 2012 Governor’s Cup Yacht Race to be held August 3rd and 4th! The Governor's Cup Yacht Race is the oldest and longest overnight race on the Chesapeake Bay. This year marks the 39th running of the race from Maryland's current capital city to its first capital in St. Mary's City.
Use our convenient Online Registration for the 2012 Governor's Cup Yacht Race today!
NEW- by popular demand, we've added a Potomac Leg of the race from Dahlgren to the College!
New and improved professional tender boat service;
Click here to see the tracking from the 2011 Governor's Cup Yacht Race
Participants can enjoy friendly competition that begins on Friday, August 3, at 2:55 p.m. and finishes on August 4 at Church Point. We’ll have live GPS tracking on the website so that your shoreside friends and family can track your progress online and the earlier start for PHRF Cruising, N (2HS), C/D, B as well as Multihulls will get you and your crew to St. Mary’s City much earlier to enjoy the festivities!
On Saturday, August 4 beginning at 8 a.m. - 10 p.m., attendees can enjoy a full day of family-fun activities include:
- Shopping for Gov Cup merchandise provided by Chesapeake Custom Embroidery
- Beverages by the Leonardtown Rotary Club
- Food selections provided by various vendors.
- Also a variety of live entertainment will be playing, including Southern Maryland music legend Deanna Dove playing some original tunes!
- Afternoon music by the Caribbean Calypso Trio "Ewabo" (Entertainment Tent)
- Night time music by 'The Byzantine Top 40'!
The race fee is $100. The St. Mary's College campus community looks forward to seeing you there.
For accommodations please call 240-895-3060 for information.
Changes for 2012
Expanding Race Participation
- The cruising class for the main Annapolis event was a success, and will be kept for 2012!
- The starting sequence was also a success, and will be very similar for 2012!
- The Potomac sailors rallied for and were granted a Potomac leg of the Governor's Cup Yacht Race!
The Forum is being discontinued for various reasons, please come join us on Facebook!
Contact us via email.