Presidential Search Committee
The Presidential Search process will be led by a Presidential Search Committee comprised of trustees, faculty, staff and students.
The Presidential Search Committee will:
- Select a search firm to assist the College in conducting a national search for our next president
- In conjunction with the Search Firm and the Planning Group finalize the institutional profile and position description
- Review the pool of candidates for the position and select finalists
- Interview finalists
- Make the final selection by early February
Presidential Search Planning Committee
The work of the Search Committee will be supported by a second group, the Presidential Search Planning Group.
The Planning Group will participate in the presidential search process by:
- Drafting an institutional profile that reflects the St. Mary’s College mission and values
- Create a position description which identifies the desired qualifications and job requirements for the next president of St. Mary’s College of Maryland
- Solicit input from the campus community, alumni and other stake holders in various ways, including the use of focus groups and online opportunities to provide comment
- Provides recommendations to the Presidential Search Committee