Inspire the Future
As a participant from any major, you will identify your personal skills and passions connect them to your career and leadership style.
Working with peers, upperclassmen, faculty, staff and community members you will discover and develop your personal capacity to be leaders through unique learning and enrichment opportunities!
As an SMCM Emerging Leader, you will collaborate with a community of motivated students that develop meaningful relationships with successful campus and community partners. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate passion, creativity, and leadership through social and educational programming.
*Please note that there is limited space for this program; if interested, apply as soon as possible.
Opportunities to develop and enhance the skills identified by employers and hiring managers.
- Monthly participation in care-volunteer community service
- Nonprofit management workshops
- Exclusive alumni networking opportunities
- Personalized leadership development training
- Continuous engagements with community partners and employers
- Dedicated housing is provided for you based on your specific LLC creating an environment of bonding, programming, and reflection.
- Early move in for Spring 2020 semester for an exclusive networking event
- Career and Network Navigation Course (CORE103)
Once you are selected for this learning community, you will be registered for a designated section of CORE 103 giving you educational enrichment opportunities specific to your learning community and individual interests.
This unique cohort gives you the skills and opportunities to further develop your career readiness through a strong relationship with the Career Development Center, alumni, and community partners
- Open to first year students
- All majors are welcome