Nature has provided us with the perfect learning environment, and we've matched this special waterfront campus with the nationally recognized honors college. At St. Mary's we are not just about being an honors college, we know that the campus and the environment are important to our students. We know we have something special, because no one else can combine the academics that we offer with the spectacular view!
Here are some facts about us we think you should know...
- 22 Majors or Design Your Own.
- We have as many Fulbright Scholars on our faculty as major universities - except that here you actually get to hold class discussions with them.
- A professor for every 12 students.
- 98% of faculty hold doctorates.
- St. Mary's College has the highest graduation rate of any public institution of higher education in Maryland.
- 85% of students live on campus.
- When you live, eat, and study together you make friends for life.
- D.C. and Baltimore are less than two hours away!
- Coed and single-sex halls, suites, apartments and townhouses.
- Students from 30 countries.
- Two-thirds of alumni who seek jobs after graduation enter fields directly related to their major within four months!
- More than 60% of alumni go on to graduate or professional school.
- "One of the top ten small public colleges." - Kiplinger's
- "One of the top 100 liberal arts colleges in the nation" - U.S. News & World Report
- Students get a full-time faculty member as a personal adviser from the very beginning.
- Our Scholarship Review Committee reviews all applicants for scholarships.
These are a sampling of the reasons you should consider St. Mary's College of Maryland. If the words of our own students and the distinction of an honors college inspire you, you probably belong at St. Mary's College. And if you do belong here, you'll know it the moment you experience the river and the people who have been drawn to it.