St. Mary's College of Maryland is the nation's premier public liberal arts college. We are ranked among the top 10% of public colleges in the nation (Princeton Review). The state legislature designated us Maryland's public honors college in 1992, recognizing the quality of our students, faculty and curriculum.
The St. Mary's Difference
St. Mary's is different; we're an entire honors college, as opposed to an honors program. We attract independent thinkers who are more into improving themselves than going through the motions. For those ready to accept the challenge, we offer what it takes to reach their goals.
- A 90% retention rate
- The highest graduation rate of any public institution of higher education in Maryland.
- An exceptional faculty - 98% with doctoral degrees, many Fulbright scholars.
- National recognition for student research - from faculty projects that students can join in their first year.
- Exceptional study-abroad programs - guided by professors dedicated to bridging cultures and countries.
- All St. Mary's students - regardless of gender, race or ethnicity graduate at the same rate.
- More than 60% of recent alumni go on to professional or graduate schools.
- 66% of alumni seeking employment have secured a position directly related to their major within 4 months of graduation.
- In the last four years, 92% of students who applied to medical school were accepted.
If you have other questions you can ask a question of one of our counselors.
Your son or daughter has already accomplished so much. A St. Mary's education will bring about their success you dream of in ways you may never have imagined.
Office of Admissions
18952 E. Fisher Road
St. Mary's City, MD 20686