Non Profit Intern Session
March 6 | Glen Loft 3-4pm
Coffee Chat with SMCM Publish Alumni
March 12 | Glen Loft 10-12pm
Intern in India
March 25 | Shaf 106 4-5pm
March 27 | ARC 3:30-6:30pm
Every Friday |10-3pm
On Campus Recruiting
If you are interested in attending an on campus recruiting event, please complete this form. We will notify you of upcoming events and provide details for registering. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or if you would like to conduct on campus interviews.
Posting Internship Opportunities
If you are interested in posting internship opportunities to our students you can do so by creating an account in the Seahawk Opportunity Network. Be sure to check your profile and postings as they will become inactive after one year.
We welcome both paid and unpaid opportunities but reserve the right to determine suitability for academic credit. It is also important for sites to be aware the legal criteria for internship programs under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are interested in hosting an intern and need assistance developing a position description, please follow the guidelines on this document. You may also contact us if you have further questions, please contact the Career Center at 240-895-4203 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervising an Intern
If you are serving as an internship Site Supervisor, you will need to do the following:
- Work with the student to develop work responsibilities and opportunities for learning which will become part of the students learning agreement.
- Be sure you read and understand the learning agreement and complete the electronic signature process.
- Meet with student regularly to discuss performance and progress.
- Complete a formal evaluation of the student and discuss it with them during the internship.
- Check out our Credit Internship Program and our Guide for Site Supervisors for more information.
Posting a Job or Internship
If you are interested in posting full or part time job opportunities for our students and alumni, you can do so by creating an account in the Seahawk Opportunity Network. This is our electronic job and internship database. Once your employer profile is approved you will be able to post and manage open listings.
Contact the Career Center
If you have any other questions please contact the Career Center at 240-895-4203 or email@example.com.