Nearly 70% of St. Mary’s students continue their education after graduation. If you are interested in continuing to graduate or professional school, it is important to be informed about the programs to which you are applying and the processes for each.
The information we have provided is general; therefore, we encourage you to defer to the academic programs you are interested in for specific information concerning deadlines, costs, requirements etc.
We Can Help
Many graduate and professional programs require a personal statement, resume and often an interview as part of their application process. Stop by during walk in hours or schedule an appointment for assistance in each of these areas.
- There is no specific major required for pursuing law school; however, there will be courses you can take to best prepare you. Make an appointment to meet with pre-law advisor Susan Grogan.
- Pre-Law Advisory Network (PLAN) is the student pre-law club.
- St. Mary’s Advising Students in Health (SMASH), is the student pre-health club that coordinates volunteer experiences at the local hospital.
- Health Science Advisory Committee (HSAC) provides formal advising for students interested in health care.
- If you are considering an MBA, it is important to spend at least a few years post graduation gaining relevant business experience.