Resume & Cover Letter Review
You can have your documents reviewed in person by scheduling an appointment or dropping in during Open Advising hours.
- Use the SMCM resume and cover letter guides to get started
- We encourage you to have at least a rough draft before scheduling an appointment for a resume or cover letter review
- Create documents in an editable format, such as Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx)
- Do not use pre-designed templates or text boxes
- If you are abroad or off campus this semester you may e-mail us at email@example.com
- In the body of the email please let us know what you plan to do with the resume/cover letter (for example: apply to graduate school, a specific job, annual updates etc.) be as specific as possible.
Federal resumes are very different from what is used to apply to others jobs. If you are interested in creating a federal resume, it is highly recommended you make an appointment with the Career Development Center. In the meantime, visit the USAjobs.gov website to search listings and learn more about the application process and check out the additional resources below.
- Use the SMCM Federal Resume Guide and Federal Resume Template for instructions on how to format your federal resume
- NOTE: You will want to create an account in USA Jobs and use their resume builder to create your resume as opposed to uploading a document. This will ensure that you provide them with all of the additional necessary information required for federal employment
- Watch this resume writing video provided by USA Jobs for additional tips on writing federal resumes
- Review USA Jobs’ tutorial page for help navigating their website