Getting Hands-On Experience
St. Mary's chemistry and biochemistry majors were busy this summer participating in research and medical internships on campus and around the country. Ashton Engdahl (above) spent her summer developing a green synthesis of functionalized pyrroles on campus with a paid research internship through our campus SMURF program.
Awards Aplenty in New Orleans
Josh Olexa ('13) explains his poster to a judge, and former American Chemical Society president, in the Speak Simply Contest at the 245th National ACS Meeting in New Orleans. Josh was just one of two St. Mary's College of Maryland winners as Greg Triegger ('13) was also awarded for his presentation.
Student Research Opportunities
- Independent Study in Chemistry
- St. Mary's Project
- SMCM Chemistry Faculty Interests and Research
- Leiden University Summer Research Student Exchange Program
- SMCM Career Center Internship Listing
- Chemistry Internet Resource for Research by Undergraduate Students (C.I.R.R.U.S.)
- National Science Foundation: Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Site Locator
- Students.Gov Internships