Students take Action in the Gulf
This past Labor Day weekend, five chemistry students accompanied Professor Larsen on a tour of the coastlines of Mississippi and Louisiana to learn more about the effects of the BP oil spill. They brought back samples of the beach sand and water to study back at St. Mary's and to further their understanding of the many environmental issues facing the gulf.
Chem majors in San Francisco
From left to right: Brian, JP, Dr. Leah Eller, Rob, Nick, Danielle, Mike, Bertrand, Anita, Janice, Dr. Andy Koch, Tabitha (Now Dr. Clem), and Taylor. Emilie and Kristina couldn't make the photo.
Last Spring, 12 St. Mary's students attended the National Meeting of the American Chemical Society in San Fransico. Eight presented their work and we all met after Tabitha Clem's ('05) talk. Tabitha was just finishing up her Ph.D. at UC Berkeley.
- Highlight of certain students who have received an award.
- Biochemistry Major
- Chemistry Major
- Alumni Corner
- This page is in development. We hope to publish information about what our grads are doing after they leave St. Mary's.
- Student Research
- A list of resources for the current student looking to do research with a faculty member or as an internship.
- St. Mary's American Chemical Society Affiliates (SMACS) -
- Internet Sites
- Laboratory Assistant Program
- Blackboard- course resources accessible to SMCM students only.