Glendening Hall 220
For general questions or submission of forms and petitions, please contact us at email@example.com
Fax: (240) 895-2234
St. Mary's College of Maryland
18952 E. Fisher Rd.
St. Mary's City, MD 20686
Elizabeth Nutt Williams, Ph.D.
Dean of the Core Curriculum and First Year Experience
Phone: (240) 895-4467
Dr. Williams will be on sabbatical in Fall 2012: please direct all questions and correspondence to Dr. Feingold, Ms. Wimberly, or the Core Curriculum mailbox.
Ruth Feingold, Ph.D
Assistant Dean of the Core Curriculum and Academic Advising
Phone: (240) 895-4388
Phone: (240) 895-2185
Natural Sciences with Laboratory
The natural sciences are academic disciplines that study the natural world, including biological, chemical and physical structures and phenomena. Courses in the natural sciences present major scientific concepts and theories and teach students to apply investigative methodologies to explore scientific questions. Students will learn to analyze scientific literature and to write and speak using the languages of these disciplines. All courses in this area include the required laboratory component.
The following courses satisfy the Natural Sciences with Laboratory requirement:
- ASTR 154: Solar System Astronomy
- ASTR 155: Stellar Astronomy and Cosmology
- BIOL 101: Contemporary Bioscience with Laboratory
- BIOL 105: Principles of Biology I
- CHEM 101. Contemporary Chemistry with Laboratory
- CHEM 106: General Chemistry II
- GEOL 130: Introduction to Geology
- PHYS 104: Basic Physics with Laboratory
- PHYS 121: College Physics I
- PHYS 141: General Physics I
- PHYS 142: General Physics II
- PHYS 151: Fundamentals of Physics I
- PHYS 152: Fundamentals of Physics II
- PHYS 251: Fundamentals of Physics III