Going away to college is one of the most exciting and challenging experiences of our lives.
The DeSousa-Brent programs are designed to help make that transition smooth and fun. They not only encourage a student’s academic success but also expand their awareness of the world.
The programs aim to encourage a community where individuals:
- Respect the natural environment and the tradition of tolerance
- Cultivate a life-long quest for disciplined learning and creativity
- Take individual responsibility for their work and actions
- Foster relationships based upon mutual respect, honesty, integrity, and trust
- Engage in an ongoing dialogue that values differences and the unique contributions of others’ talents, backgrounds, customs, and world views
- Commit to examining and shaping the functional, ethical values of our changing world
- Contribute to a spirit of caring and an ethic of service