A two week intensive college prep workshop.
Scholars will stay at St. Mary’s whilst taking classes, attending workshops and events, and connecting with St. Mary’s students, faculty, administration, and staff.
Summer Bridge Participants receive:
- Free tuition, housing, and board
- Free transportation to and from the Washington DC and Baltimore areas
- Opportunities to take mini-courses in a variety of subjects with St. Mary’s faculty
- Workshops of time management, study skills, technology, career preparation and more
- Academic advising by college professors and staff
- Fun social events
These are just a sampling of the courses students can take during the spring or fall at St. Mary’s:
- DBSP101: Academic and Leadership Seminar I (2 credits)
Scholars participating in Summer Bridge also attend mini courses with topics such as “Biology Boot Camp,” Garbology and Archaeology,” “Financial Markets,” “Digital Tools,” and, “Public Speaking.”