What should I do?
Hurricane Action Plans
Office of Conferences and Events
- Phone/e-mail notification to all families registered for major on-campus events (such as Family Weekend and/or Governors Cup Race).
- Coordinate with appropriate office to include cancellation of events as needed (Family Weekend and/or Governors Cup events) in web-based outreach.
- Coordinate with Athletics/Alumni Relations to notify alums if Homecoming Activities are impacted.
- Coordinate with Vice President for Advancement (Maureen Silva) and notification of guests invited to specific lectures/dinners.
- Notify all vendors to cancel tents, tables, chairs, golf carts boats and catering for any cancelled events.
- 24 – 48 hours before the storm, move all furniture from the screened porch at the Lodge into the main room and secure all windows. The Lodge will be clean and available for temporary housing for essential employees if needed. Public Safety has keys to provide access – someone needs to prioritize which employees should be housed if demand exceeds supply.
- Lee Capristo will prepare a media advisory on the closing of the campus for the local media.
- Contact Nancy Abell about securing the Hogaboom House.
- 12 hours before the storm, secure our golf carts in a storage bay at maintenance.
We do not consider our staff to be essential employees for this emergency.