The dedication ceremony for St. Mary’s College of Maryland’s new Anne Arundel Hall featuring these speakers:
- Tuajuanda C. Jordan, president, St. Mary’s College
- Regina M. Faden, executive director, Historic St. Mary’s City
- Sven Holmes, chair, Board of Trustees, St. Mary’s College
- Father William George, chair, Historic St. Mary’s City Commission
- Elected state officials
- Chip Jackson, vice president for business and finance, St. Mary’s College
A joint effort between St. Mary’s College of Maryland and Historic St. Mary’s City, the $34 million construction project connects site location and academic programming to the historic significance of St. Mary’s City, its founding principles, and the mission of St. Mary’s College of Maryland. The following academic programming are housed within Anne Arundel Hall: museum studies and anthropology, with the new concentration in archaeology, and international languages and cultures. The Center for the Study of Democracy is located in Anne Arundel Hall North. Historic St. Mary’s City’s museum is housed in Anne Arundel Hall South. The museum is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums.