At The Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess, our Louisiana personal injury attorneys value education and helping those in need. We also understand that school can be a significant expense and know how hard it can be for students and their families to make ends meet. Between housing, tuition, books, and school supplies, the cost of attending college or graduate school can easily rise into the tens of thousands of dollars, if not more. In an effort to make things a little easier for students and their families, we are pleased to be offering a yearly $2,500 scholarship to individuals who are currently attending or planning on attending college or graduate school in the near future.
In order to apply, applicants must submit a 500+ word essay on the following topic:
Should drivers distracted by smartphones have the same penalties as a drunk driver?
The application guidelines are as follows:
- Essays must be received by 9am EST August 15, 2016
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should include their name, address and phone number.
- The applicant should state where they are currently attending or planning to attend school in the body of their submission email.
- No additional information should be included
HOW IS THE WINNER CHOSEN?
The winner will be chosen according to the following set of criteria:
- Application guidelines followed
- Quality of writing
- Thoughtfulness of answer
WHEN WILL THE WINNER BE CHOSEN?
The winner will be chosen by August 30, 2016 and notified by email. Unfortunately, we cannot write to every applicant. If you are not notified via email by September 7th, we have chosen a winner. However, we do encourage you to try again with our next scholarship.
We look forward to reading your submissions and and being in a position to help students meet their education costs. To contact The Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess, call us today at (337) 234-7573.