Follow these instructions to apply for a Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
1. Accept the Graduate PLUS Loan on the Award Letter on the portal. You may indicate the amount
you want to borrow.
2. Complete a Federal Direct PLUS Loan (Graduate) Request Form. The form is available on the
financial aid section of the Portal. Return this form to the Financial Aid Office . The completed form
may be faxed to 240-895-4959 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Go to https://studentloans.gov. Borrowers must complete two steps—the Request and the
- Sign in using your FSA ID.
- Select: Complete PLUS Request Process. Be sure to select Graduate PLUS.
- Complete all four steps and submit.
- A message will appear informing you if your credit was approved or declined. If declined, contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss the alternatives available to you.
- Go to Sign Master Promissory Note. Be sure to select Graduate PLUS.
- Complete all steps, submit, and make sure you receive a confirmation message that
your MPN has been submitted.