Friday, August 26th
6:30pm & 8:00pm
Bruce Davis Theatre
Campus Flu Shot Clinic
Wed, October 19th
DPC (details to follow)
Sexual Violence & Wellness Advocacy
St. Mary's College of Maryland is committed to maintaining an environment free from all exploitation and intimidation based on sex. The Sexual Violence Response Program and the Wellness Advocate Program work out of Counseling Services and is designed to:
- Respond to and support students presenting incidents of sexual violence.
- Provide students with victim services and referrals based on the plan of action tailored to their requests.
- Educate the campus community on sexual violence, consent, bystander intervention, and healthy sexual relationships.
- Increase an open dialogue about sexual violence among the community through awareness and outreach.
- Unite the campus community in preventing violence against any student on campus.
The wellness advocate office offers referrals to on-campus resources for:
- Counseling Services
- Judicial administrative hearing process
- Filing a formal report (Public Safety)
- Housing assistance (Office of Residence Life)
- Academic support (Academic Services)
**The sexual assault/wellness advocate offers support and referrals for any other victim services and resources, both on and off campus.**
The Sexual Assault/Wellness Advocate office offers education and outreach programs to aid in the campus' efforts to prevent sexual violence.
- Topic specific presentations
- Orientation activities
- Informal residence hall discussions
- In-class discussions
- RAINN Day (September)
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month (October)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April)
- The Clothesline Project
- Take Back the Night
- Support for other student organized events