Interested in becoming an member of the First Responder Network and/or Peer Health Educators?
Download the application and submission instructions here! Applications for the 2013-2014 academic year and due by March 8th.
Sexual Violence Prevention
St. Mary's College of Maryland is committed to maintaining an environment free from all exploitation and intimidation based on sex. The Sexual Violence Response Program includes the First Responder Network and works out of Counseling Services to:
- Respond to and support students presenting incidents of sexual violence.
- Provide students with victim services and referrals based on the plan of action tailored to their requests.
- Educate the campus community on sexual violence, consent, bystander intervention, and healthy sexual relationships.
- Increase an open dialogue about sexual violence among the community through awareness and outreach.
- Unite the campus community in preventing violence against any student on campus.
The Sexual Assault/Wellness Advocate offers referrals to on-campus resources for:
- Counseling Services
- Student Conduct hearing process
- Filing a formal complaint
- Housing assistance
- Academic support
**The Sexual Assault/Wellness Advocate offers support and referrals for any other victim services and resources, both on and off campus.**
The Sexual Assault/Wellness Advocate office offers education and outreach programs to aid in the campus' efforts to prevent sexual violence.
- RAINN Day (September)
- Relationship Violence Awareness Day (October)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April)
- Walk a Mile in Her Shoes (April)
- The Clothesline Project (April)
- Take Back the Night (April)
- Support for other student organized events
The Wellness Education program includes the Peer Health Educators and sponsors programming to educate the campus community on a wide range of health issues.
- Orientation events
- National Depression, Eating Disorder, and Alcohol Screening Days
- Great American Smokeout and smoking cessation
- Men's health
- Safer Sex Week
- Peer2Peer education class