The price for the 16-day study tour (2 nights on flight) will be between $3,000 to $4300, depending on the number of students ($3,000 for 20, and $4,300 for 10; pro-rated for in between). The first payment due is $1,000.
This price includes:
- Round-trip airfare between DC area airport and Lima
- Round-trip airfare between Lima and Cusco
- Ground transfers to/from airports while in Perú
- Quechua lesson and guided walk through San Pedro market
- “Tourist Ticket,” which gives you access to the archeological sites that we will visit as a group (Q’enqo, Puca Pucara, Tambo Machay, Pikillacta, Tipon, Chinchero, Moray, Ollantaytambo, Pisac, Saqsaywaman), AND to six Museums in Cusco that you can visit on your own.
- Cusco City Tour with tour guide (including tickets to Qorikancha, and Cathedral)
- Sacred Valley Tour (Pisac and Ollantaytambo) in air-conditioned bus with tour guide.
- South Valley Tour (Tipon, Pikillacta and Andahuaylillas) in air-conditioned bus with tour guide.
- Visit to Chinchero (archeological site and colonial church). Weaving demonstration and workshop. Visit to Maras (ticket included) and Moray afterwards (in air-conditioned bus and with guide)
- Round-trip train tickets to Aguas Calientes/Ollantaytambo.
- One hotel night in Aguas Calientes.
- Two entrance tickets to Machu Picchu. One guided tour of the citadel.
- City Tour of old Colonial Lima.
- A pottery workshop
- ALL meals in Peru (while in Cusco and while on tours): breakfasts, lunches, and dinners
- Health insurance coverage for the duration of the trip.
- A cell phone for each student (see below for phone card)
This price does NOT include:
- 1 breakfast (airport) 1 lunch (in Lima) and 2 dinners (at airports). Note, however, that you will be served the breakfast and the dinners on the flights.
- Taxi rides to Centro Tinku (where all seminars are held) from host families. Taxi rides are about $2 dollars each way. But the fare can be shared among 3 people.
- Two restaurant meals won’t include your beverages ($5 dollars)
- Phone card (amount is up to you)
- Money for souvenirs/presents
- ISIC Card ($25)
Tuition for the course is $780, which will be billed separately by St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
Payments need to be made by:
- 1,000 by February 10th, 2018
- 2,500 by March 16th 2018
Remainder (depending on the number of students registered) April 7th, 2018
Payments can be mailed in the form of a check to:
Attn: Andean Study Tour
18952 E. Fisher Rd.
St. Mary’s City, MD 20686
Please write “Andean Study Tour 2018”in the memo line.
Those canceling their participation before the final payment will be refunded the airline ticket (following the airline’s policies. This usually means a voucher, minus a re-ticketing fee). We will work with Centro Tinku to obtain as much of a refund as possible (which will depend on how close to departure date the cancellation takes place.)