Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sally A. Mercer
Associate Vice President of Human Resources
Melvin A. McClintock
Assistant Director of Human Resources/AA/EEO Officer
Michelle L. Forinash
Assistant Director of Human Resources
A. Faye Graves
Human Resources Specialist
Symaria A. Enoch
Fiscal Associate II
Phone: (240) 895-4309
Fax: (240) 895-4997
Glendening Hall 170
18952 East Fisher Road
St. Mary's City, MD 20686
How to apply for the House Keys 4 Employees Program
- Employer fills out and signs the Partner Contribution Form.
- Employee contacts an approved lender to get pre-qualified for a Maryland Mortgage Program (MMP) loan. The employee tells the lender that St. Mary's College is providing a grant in the amount of $5,000.
- Employee contacts the Southern Maryland Tri-County Community Action Committee, Inc. at 301-274-4474, extension 268 to schedule a date and time to attend the required homebuyer counseling class.
- Employee shops for new home.
- Employee places a contract of sale on a home and returns to an approved lender to make the actual loan application. At this point, the employee should give the Verification of Partner Contribution Form to the lender. The lender will reserve the Maryland Mortgage loan funds and down payment and closing cost assistance funds in the on-line reservation system.
- Employee closes on home. (The College issues a check in the amount of $5,000 made payable to the employee and title company when the closing date has been scheduled. Please notify the Office of Human Resources at least three (3) weeks before the closing date.)