Office Associate I (Part-time)
St. Mary's College of Maryland at Historic St. Mary's City is accepting resumes for the contingent position of Office Associate 1 in the Office of Human Resources. This position performs a variety of routine duties, such as record keeping and administrative detail, and follow-up functions to assist the Director of Human Resources and department staff in implementing departmental programs. Must be well organized and possess good secretarial skills and attention to detail. Receives general supervision and exercises considerable discretion and judgment in all work areas. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues. This is a part-time contingent position (30 hours per week) with subsidized medical benefits. Hourly rate of pay is $12.00.
- Prepares and types letters, reports, memoranda, test materials, etc. some of which may be of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- Composes letters, reports, and other materials for the signature of the department head.
- Communicates with other staff, faculty, administrators, and the general public in person, by telephone or through written correspondence.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with successful completion of courses in typing/word processing (minimum speed of 40 correct wpm), data entry, spreadsheets, and microcomputer systems.
- At least three years of full-time employment in the secretarial/administration field.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, business English, spelling, good grammar and arithmetic, and of standard record maintenance procedures. Working knowledge of various computer software packages, i.e., word processing, spreadsheet applications, and data base management.
Any combination of acceptable education and experience, which has provided the necessary knowledge and skills to fulfill the requirements of this position, may be considered. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Non-sectarian since its founding, St. Mary's College of Maryland, a public Carnegie Baccalaureate, Arts and Sciences institution located in Historic St. Mary's City, 70 miles southeast of Washington, D.C., has been designated as Maryland's public honors college. Undergraduate and residential in nature, with a diverse coeducational student body numbering approximately 1800, St. Mary's emphasizes excellence in teaching. The institution was awarded a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in 1997. The quality of life is enhanced by the recreational opportunities of the Chesapeake region and close proximity to the amenities of Washington D.C., Baltimore and Richmond.
St. Mary’s College (www.smcm.edu) embodies diversity and inclusion in its mission. We create an environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences and we encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to our cultural and ethnic diversity. Application materials should include a cover letter, résumé (including e-mail address), and three references and submitted online at: apply.interfolio.com/42095. Questions may be directed to Michelle Forinash at 240-895-4309.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. St. Mary's College of Maryland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website: www.smcm.edu/hr
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
St. Mary’s College of Maryland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.