* Why do I want to enter the medical field?
* Am I a person of service?
* What personal experiences do I have that have fueled my interest in health care?
* Do I have any practical experience with health care that:
- has helped me commit myself to the challenge of fulfilling the necessary course work required for a graduate program in the health sciences?
- will strengthen my application to graduate work by giving me hands on experience and demonstrate that I am fully aware of what the career I have chosen involves.
* Am I committed to striving for a GPA of 3.5?
* Do I want to do more than fulfill the minimum requirements for my degree?
* Am I willing to find and take advantage of experiences such as:
- a summer research internship
- an independent research project
- assuming leadership roles in campus programs?