St. Mary's College of Maryland (SMCM) boasts of a high acceptance rate to medical school and other health science professional schools, but it is important to consider whether SMCM is a good fit
for you and your academic and pre-professional needs. Below are links to help you decide if you should pursue your undergraduate pre-health education at SMCM.
Learn about the SMCM HSAC
Learn about HSAC Successes
A Clarification about pre-health science majors:
- There is no pre-med or pre-health major at St. Mary's.
- You choose the major that you are the most interested in, and make sure you take the necessary prerequisites to allow you to enter the professional school of your choice.
- You will make sure to participate in extracurriculars and practical experience opportunities that will help you stand out from the rest of the professional school applicants.
- Regardless of your major, you will work with the HSAC to establish a file and to make sure you are on track to apply to professional school.
- Contact the chair of HSAC.
- Talk to current SMCM students, or an admissions officer, about the pros and cons of pursuing pre-health at St. Mary's.