“The Fulbright U.S. Student Program is the largest U.S. exchange program offering opportunities for students and young professionals to undertake international graduate study, advanced research, university teaching, and primary and secondary school teaching worldwide. The program currently awards approximately 1,900 grants annually in all fields of study. Fulbright U.S. Student alumni populate a range of professions and include ambassadors, members of Congress, judges, heads of corporations, university presidents, journalists, artists, professors, and teachers.” – The Fulbright Website
- Applicants are able to design their own program either a research project in the host country or teaching English in the host country along with a community or research projects that benefits the host community.
- Applicants can apply to more than 150 countries
For more information on the available countries and the requirements for each country please visit http://us.fulbrightonline.org/applicants
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent before the beginning date of the grant. In the creative and performing arts, four years of professional study and/or experience meets the basic eligibility requirement.
- Applicants should have sufficient proficiency in the written and spoken language of the host country to communicate with the people and to carry out the proposed study/research.
- Applicants must be in good health.
This is an extremely competitive application process and it is important that applicants work with the Fulbright Advisor early and often to produce a quality application. Please speak with the Fulbright Advisor about what is involved and the deadlines for the Fulbright application.
Fulbright Program Advisor – Aurora Margarita-Goldkamp, email@example.com, 240-895-4202
2021-22 Competition Opens – March 31, 2020
On-Campus Deadline – August 10, 2020
On-Campus Interview – August 24- September 21
National Deadline – First week of October, 2020