Seminars & Events
Thursday, September 11, 2014: Dr. Bevil Conway (Wellesley College) will speak on his research in visual neuroscience and color at 4:30 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Monday, October 27, 2014: Dr. Todd Gould (University of Maryland Baltimore) will speak on "Genes to behaviors to treatments in bipolar disorder" at 4:45 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.Friday, December 5, 2014: Dr. Brian Mathur (University of Maryland Baltimore) will speak on "Braking bad: Aberrant inhibitory neurotransmission in addiction" at 3:00 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Summer Internships for St. Mary's Students 2013
- Dr. Anne Marie Brady will offer one full-time paid summer internship for a St. Mary's student to investigate drug-taking behavior in an animal model of schizophrenia. Click here to see the ad and for the application cover sheet.
Off-Campus Summer Internships 2013
See an extensive list here. Selected programs are listed below. Most of these are programs that typically offer summer internships - check the web sites to verify existence of the program for 2013, and to confirm due dates and application procedures.
- Atlanta Center for Behavioral Neuroscience Behavioral Research Advancements in Neuroscience (BRAIN) Program
- Emory University Summer Undergraduate Research Program - searchable database
- Indiana University Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates in Animal Behavior
- Janelia Farm Undergraduate Summer Scholars Program
- Johns Hopkins University Summer Internship Program
- Life Sciences Summer Undergraduate Research Programs (LSSURP) at the University of Minnesota
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research
- National Science Foundation REU Search Page (enter “neuroscience” as keyword)
- New York University Center for Neural Science
- Rutgers University Research in Science and Engineering
- University of Pennsylvania Undergraduate Workshop in Cognitive Science and Cognitive Neuroscience
- University of Pittsburgh Center for Neuroscience
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Integrated Biological Sciences Summer Research Program
- West Virginia University Center for Neuroscience