Seminars & Events
Monday, February 11, 2013: Dr. Daphne Soares (University of Maryland College Park) will speak on "The Sensory World of Cavefishes" at 4:45 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Monday, March 4, 2013: Dr. Joe Cheer (University of Maryland Baltimore) will speak on "Endogenous Cannabinoids and the Pursuit of Reward" at 4:45 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Friday, April 12, 2013: Dr. Jill McGaughy (University of New Hampshire) will speak on "The Role of Cortical Norepinephrine in the Ontogeny of Executive Function" at 3:00 pm in Schaefer Hall 106.
Dr. Erin Johnson '02 recently received her Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the University of Rochester School of Medicine, and was inducted as an alumni member of Nu Rho Psi.
Ron Saul, "Chronic activation of the substantia nigra nociceptin/orphanin receptor induces motor deficits similar to Parkinson's disease," 2008. Saul, the 2008 winner of the Neuroscience Award, infused a drug into the substantia nigra of rats and measured the resulting motor behaviors, mood disturbances, and cognitive abilities.
Summer Internships for St. Mary's Students 2013
- Dr. Anne Marie Brady will offer one full-time paid summer internship for a St. Mary's student to investigate drug-taking behavior in an animal model of schizophrenia. Click here to see the ad and for the application cover sheet.
Off-Campus Summer Internships 2013
See an extensive list here. Selected programs are listed below. Most of these are programs that typically offer summer internships - check the web sites to verify existence of the program for 2013, and to confirm due dates and application procedures.
- Atlanta Center for Behavioral Neuroscience Behavioral Research Advancements in Neuroscience (BRAIN) Program
- Emory University Summer Undergraduate Research Program - searchable database
- Indiana University Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates in Animal Behavior
- Janelia Farm Undergraduate Summer Scholars Program
- Johns Hopkins University Summer Internship Program
- Life Sciences Summer Undergraduate Research Programs (LSSURP) at the University of Minnesota
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research
- National Science Foundation REU Search Page (enter “neuroscience” as keyword)
- New York University Center for Neural Science
- Rutgers University Research in Science and Engineering
- University of Pennsylvania Undergraduate Workshop in Cognitive Science and Cognitive Neuroscience
- University of Pittsburgh Center for Neuroscience
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Integrated Biological Sciences Summer Research Program
- West Virginia University Center for Neuroscience