Seminars & Events
Monday, February 11, 2013: Dr. Daphne Soares (University of Maryland College Park) will speak on "The Sensory World of Cavefishes" at 4:45 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Monday, March 4, 2013: Dr. Joe Cheer (University of Maryland Baltimore) will speak on "Endogenous Cannabinoids and the Pursuit of Reward" at 4:45 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Friday, April 12, 2013: Dr. Jill McGaughy (University of New Hampshire) will speak on "The Role of Cortical Norepinephrine in the Ontogeny of Executive Function" at 3:00 pm in Schaefer Hall 106.
Dr. Erin Johnson '02 recently received her Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the University of Rochester School of Medicine, and was inducted as an alumni member of Nu Rho Psi.
Ron Saul, "Chronic activation of the substantia nigra nociceptin/orphanin receptor induces motor deficits similar to Parkinson's disease," 2008. Saul, the 2008 winner of the Neuroscience Award, infused a drug into the substantia nigra of rats and measured the resulting motor behaviors, mood disturbances, and cognitive abilities.
Click on the link to read the project abstract!
- Kallarakal, A. (2005). Small conductance Ca2+ regulated K+ (SK1) channels in Neurofibromatosis 1 mouse brains.
- Lubben, J. (2005). Delayed onset and reduced susceptibility to experimental allergic encephalomyelitis (EAE) by Interferon-beta gene therapy in mice.
- Carbonaro, Nicole. (2004). Antidepressant efficacy of fluoxetine (Paxil) and imipramine (Tofranil) in a mouse model of depression.<
- Harwood, Norah. (2004). IFN-beta gene therapy in a mouse model of multiple sclerosis.
- Kallarackal, Angy. (2004). Small conductance Ca2+ regulated K+ (SK1) channels in Neurofibromatosis 1 mouse brains.
- Palmisano, Emily. (2004). An analysis of the association between myosin heavy chain muscle fiber type and the fitness levels of chronic hemiparetic stroke patients after aerobic exercise therapy.
- Seigel, Zachary. (2004). Expression of BLC-2 family proteins in rat brain mitochondria in post natal rats.
- Summers, Daniel. (2004). The role of BH3-only proteins in Oligodendrocyte Apoptosis.