Seminars & Events
Friday, October 4, 2013: Dr. Laurie Ryan, SMCM '86 (National Institute on Aging) will speak on "Alzheimer's Disease: Targets and Treatments" at 3:00 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Monday, October 21, 2013: Dr. Greg Elmer (University of Maryland Baltimore) will speak on "Domains and Constructs in Motivation: Where Does the Habenula Fit In?" at 4:45 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Friday, October 25, 2013: Dr. Terry Davidson (American University) will speak on "Why We Overeat and Become Obese? It Could be What We Think!" at 3:00 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Dr. Gwen Calhoon '06 recently received her Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the University of Maryland Baltimore, and was inducted into Nu Rho Psi.
Click on the link to read the project abstract!
- Kallarakal, A. (2005). Small conductance Ca2+ regulated K+ (SK1) channels in Neurofibromatosis 1 mouse brains.
- Lubben, J. (2005). Delayed onset and reduced susceptibility to experimental allergic encephalomyelitis (EAE) by Interferon-beta gene therapy in mice.
- Carbonaro, Nicole. (2004). Antidepressant efficacy of fluoxetine (Paxil) and imipramine (Tofranil) in a mouse model of depression.<
- Harwood, Norah. (2004). IFN-beta gene therapy in a mouse model of multiple sclerosis.
- Kallarackal, Angy. (2004). Small conductance Ca2+ regulated K+ (SK1) channels in Neurofibromatosis 1 mouse brains.
- Palmisano, Emily. (2004). An analysis of the association between myosin heavy chain muscle fiber type and the fitness levels of chronic hemiparetic stroke patients after aerobic exercise therapy.
- Seigel, Zachary. (2004). Expression of BLC-2 family proteins in rat brain mitochondria in post natal rats.
- Summers, Daniel. (2004). The role of BH3-only proteins in Oligodendrocyte Apoptosis.