Campus Sustainability Internship
Name of Primary Hiring Contact: Mary Grube
Title of Hiring Contact: Assistant Project Manager/Fiscal Administrator
Phone: (240) 895-2040
Student Responsibilities/ Benefits:
The Campus Sustainability Intern works with students, faculty and staff on a wide array of sustainability initiatives. This includes working closely with the Sustainability Fellow and campus stakeholders in the implementation and oversight of energy efficiency and waste reduction projects, organizing sustainability-themed events and coordinating outreach activities. In addition, the interns will help to monitor the College’s progress in achieving the goals outlined in our Climate Action Plan, research sustainability initiatives and funding mechanisms at other higher education institutions and work to publicize sustainability events and initiatives at St. Mary’s.
Students will learn basic methods of environmental impact assessment strengthen communication skills and develop strong organizational habits.
· Organized, self-motivated and able to work with little day to day oversight
· Capable of working with a wide variety of campus stakeholders
· Strong interest in local and national sustainability issues, initiatives, and solutions (i.e. clean energy, environmental problems and policies, social justice issues relevant to the College).
· Expected work contribution would be 10 hours a week
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
To apply for this program, please email a resume and brief letter of interest to Mary Grube at email@example.com