The political science major should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the subject of political science
- Apply appropriate theories and methodologies for investigating a political science topic
- Engage in thoughtful analysis that respects the diversity of opinions in the political realm
- Support judgments or conclusions in a manner consistent with political methodologies
- Communicate effectively in written and oral forms
Courses are offered in the four principal subfields of political science:
- American politics
- Comparative politics
- International politics
- Political theory
Why Study Political Science?
Why Study Public Policy?