Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty
Calvert Hall, Room 104
Textbook Affordability Acknowledgement Form
Please read and acknowledge receipt by filling in the appropriate information at the bottom, then click submit.
In considering the appropriateness of a textbook and other supplemental materials for my course (content, pedagogy, teaching in my discipline), I acknowledge:
A. I have been informed about the impact that the high cost of college textbooks and supplemental materials has on students.
B. I have been informed of the following obligations of the publisher: that a publisher that sells college textbooks or supplemental material and provides information regarding a college textbook or supplemental material to a faculty member, other adopting entity in charge of selecting course materials, or the administration of an institution of higher education shall disclose the following information, in writing, by paper or electronic means:
- The price of the college textbook or supplemental material;
- The title, author, publisher, edition, current and three previous copyright dates, publication date when available, and ISBN of the college textbook or supplemental material, both as bundled and unbundled items;
- Substantial content revisions made between the current edition of the college textbook or supplemental material and the previous edition of the college textbook or supplemental material;
- Other available formats for the college textbook or supplemental material such as paperback or unbound; and A list of textbooks that are classified as integrated textbooks.
C. Before selecting a college textbook or supplemental material and before transmitting the selection to a campus bookstore, providing the selection to any other bookstore or posting the selection on the website of the public institution of higher education, I acknowledge the following:
- If selecting a different college textbook from a different publisher, the cost of the new selection versus the cost of the previous selection; or If selecting a current edition of a college textbook; I have considered the following:
- The differences in substantial content between the current edition of the textbook and the previous edition of the textbook as reported by the publisher;
- That the use of the current edition is appropriate due to a material change in substantial content between the current edition and the previous edition;
- The difference in price between the current edition of the textbook and
the previous edition of the textbook; and that the previous edition of
the textbook may be available to students at a lower price via used book
- That an integrated textbook is not subject to the requirement for a publisher that sells a college textbook and any supplemental material accompanying the college textbook in a bundle shall also make available the college textbook and the supplemental material as separate and unbundled items, each separately priced.
- That supplemental material included in a bundle is intended for use in the course.