Campus Emergency: x4911
Reminder: The last day of scheduled classes is December 13th. Exams and final class meetings will be held from December 16th to December 19th.
HELP ELIMINATE CAMPUS FIRE HAZARDS
FIRE ALARMS: Do not remove, cover, damage, or attempt to alter any part of the fire alarm system. This includes smoke detectors, pull stations, or alarm panels. Any problems with the system should be reported immediately to Public Safety.
ELECTRICAL ABUSE: Use of electrical "octopuses" or Power Strips to obtain more outlets can result in overloaded circuits and fire -- replace any appliances with damaged wires -- match your appliance power requirements to the circuit power.
APPLIANCES: Use only college approved appliances. Never leave cooking appliances unattended or use them in prohibited areas. They should be unplugged after use and not stored until they are cool enough to touch. Also, appliances may overload circuits -- keep them away from curtains and furniture - if using an extension cord match the size of an extension cord to the appliance power cord to prevent cord overheating.
OPEN FLAMES: Open flames, such as candles, are not allowed in campus buildings (except authorized labs, classrooms etc.).
HAZARDOUS STORAGE: Dispose of all waste as soon as possible. Surplus material and paper recycling containers should be stored in a safe place, not in corridors, stairs or exit ways.
FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS: Flammable liquids such as gasoline, kerosene, lighter fluid etc. ARE NOT permitted in or around any residential buildings.
OBSTACLES: Storage of bicycles, chairs, desks, and other items is prohibited in all hallways or exit ways. Blocked hallways or exits have caused "chain reaction" pile ups of fallen people during emergencies.
GRILLS: Only charcoal grills are allowed on campus. Only match light charcoal is allowed to be used. NO LIGHTER FLUID. Grills should be kept at least 15 feet away from buildings when lit.