Campus Emergency: x4911
The Department of Public Safety is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and secure environment by providing effective, efficient and consistent service to every member of the college community.
The Department of Public Safety provides service by adhering to the following principles:
- Respect – Every individual will be treated with respect.
- Education – Every interaction is an educational opportunity.
- Diversity – Recognize and appreciate the values each individual brings to the campus.
- Commitment – To the mission of the college.
- Participation – Be an integral part of and participate in the life of the college.
Vision and Goals
- Provide protection of persons and property through crime and loss prevention initiatives.
- Achieve voluntary compliance with rules, regulations, ordinances, and laws through equal application of enforcement.
- Establish a cohesive and supportive work environment – one that encourages innovation with an emphasis on the quality of service.
- Promote campus-wide awareness of safety issues.
- Continue to develop a campus safety department that is a forerunner in the field, widely respected and trusted.