"One of the best parts of being on the Resi dence Life staff is planning events for other students where they can meet, talk and have fun."
-Clinton Gilbert '07
Living on campus at St. Mary's College of Maryland is truly a unique experience. We provide a wide variety of housing options for our students, depending on class standing and preferences.
Our housing program has a developmental focus. Most first-year students start off in our traditional residence halls (Calvert, Caroline, Dorchester, Prince George, or Queen Anne) where there is more staff supervision, programming, and support available. Most students then migrate to the North Campus suites (Lewis Quad or Waring Commons), where there is a little less supervision by staff.
Finally, upper-class students move into the Townhouses or Waring Commons apartments where there is considerably less supervision and significantly more independence, freedom, and responsibility. Each of our buildings plays a part in promoting an excellent residential experience.
Top 10 Reasons to Live on Campus
10. Location: it’s just far enough to get away from home, but close enough to go back when you want to!
9. New Facilities: look for innovative recreation, service and learning structures.
8. Technology: internet connectivity, private voicemail and satellite cable for everyone.
7. G.P.A.: the average GPA for residents is higher than for commuters.
6. Involvement: residents are typically more involved in campus activities.
5. Convenience: you’re close to everything, everyone, and you’ll save tons of money on gas.
4. Programming: from athletic events to the River Concert Series, there’s always something going on.
3. Variety: choose from traditional college living, suite-style, or apartments.
2. Community: where everybody knows your name and greets you with a smile.
And the #1 reason to live on campus is...
1. Scenery: you can’t find more affordable waterfront property!