St. Mary's Makes the Honor Roll
SMCM makes the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
SMCM makes the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.See More
Starfish Button Program YOU make the difference!
Starfish Story of the Month "I was told that I make a difference in his life. That I make the world a better place by being me."
Starfish Story of the Month
"I was told that I make a difference in his life. That I make the world a better place by being me."
Service & Social Change Student Organizations
- To establish a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
- To effectively communicate the academic as well as the unique cultural and social needs of Black students to this college community
- To regularly program and provide cultural activities for this college community
- To influence changes in academic and social matters to include the unique needs of Black students
- To provide an awareness of black culture for the college and community
- To promote understanding, good will, diversity and friendship among all students of this college community
- To provide a supportive network for the black students and to assist them with the transition to college life
- To encourage intercultural involvement and diversity from the black experience into all phases of campus life
- Focuses on service, leadership, and fellowship. Club members are extremely involved in the campus community and St. Mary’s County. Since Circle K is an international club, there are opportunities to get involved within the campus, the division, and the district. Some members have even attended International Convention!
- Dedicated to raising awareness of feminism and feminist issues on campus. We seek to create a safe space where people can openly discuss issues and feel fully accepted. FUSE also sponsors/co-sponsors many programs on campus, including "Love Your Body Week," "SexFest," and the "Vagina Monologues."
- A service club dedicated to helping provide and improve housing to those in need. We host an annual trip to Georgia to participate in a build. We also hold several fundraisers and bi-monthly trips to the Patuxent Habitat Restore.
Keep St. Mary's Beautiful Campaign
- Established by students who wanted to preserve the nature beauty of the campus community. Every Sunday, students meet on the Campus Center patio at and are assigned to certain sections of campus to pick up trash and small debris that has accumulated over the week. Supplies (including trash bags, gloves, and grapplers) are provided to the students.
- Our club works throughout the year to raise money for the American Cancer Society, hosting a yearly Relay For Life event where the school and the community are invited to to help raise money to support those fighting cancer and to support cancer research.
- To provide St. Mary's College of Maryland with practical opportunities to develop personal skills and knowledge and to serve the surrounding community.
- The equivalent of a Gay Straight Alliance on campus. We exist to promote tolerance, encourage understanding, and support one another as individuals and as a campus community. We are politically active on both local and national levels and are working to ensure equality for all LGBTQ people. Everyone is encouraged to attend our weekly meetings and show support! Come gay, come straight, come however you are.
- A group of students dedicated to improving the environment through national, state, local and on-campus involvement.
- Provides a forum for student political activity and activism beyond the standard partisan models on a variety of fronts, while leveraging student potential for charitable action consistent with our political ideologies.
For a complete list of clubs, click here.