SGA Exec Board
Director of Campus Programming
Director of Publicity
How to Start a Club
1. Get a great idea for a club at SMCM. Find interested participants and also find a Faculty Advisor for your club.
2. Download a mock constitution or pick up a hard copy in the Student Activities Office.
3. Tailor the mock constitution to fit the needs of your club.
4. Email your club's constitution to Thomas Kenny, SGA Parliamentarian and Gwen Kokes, Club Coordinator for review.
5. Once reviewed, you will be invited to attend an SGA meeting (held Tuesdays at 8pm) to present your club to the senate. The senate will then vote on passing your club's legislation.
6. If your club is passed, immediately turn in a contact card with the names of your executive board, other members, and your Faculty Advisor to the Student Activities Office. Clubs are not active until a contact card is received.
7. New clubs receive a $50.00 startup budget (budgeted for 10 new clubs a year so this $ is first come first serve), and members should attend Finance Board/Programs Board Budget Hearings and Fund Appeals to propose a budget for their club.
8. Contact Student Director of Campus Organizations, Matt Pindell, to receive a Club Leader Handbook and other club leader materials.
9. All forms pertaining to clubs can be found in the Student Activities Office and on the website.