In conjunction with staff of the ARC, the Social Connections Committee organized a Staff Appreciation Night on Feb 12. It was great to recognize staff contributions and help cheer on our Seahawk Men’s and Women’s Basketball players at the same time.
Congratulations to the following staff who have served the College for 5 to 25 years If you see these folks on campus or in town, stop and say “Thanks for a job well done!”
25 Years of Service:
- Jeffrey A. Barnes – Senior Database Administrator, Information Technology
- Richard T. Wagner – Director of the Campus Store
20 Years of Service:
- Thomas B. Brewer, III– Laboratory Coordinator, Schaefer Hall
- Michelle L. Forinash – Assistant Director of Human Resources
- Joanne A. Goldwater – Associate Dean of Students/Director of Residence Life
- Steven W. Gregory – Superintendent of Grounds
- Richard D. Platt – Associate Dean of Faculty, Academic Affairs
15 Years of Service:
- James S. Gott –Assistant Supervisor of Trades, Physical Plant
- Nadine L. Hutton – Director of Financial Aid
- Kathryn S. Lewin – Office Associate II, Goodpaster Hall
- Mark Mimay – HVAC Mechanic, Physical Plant
- Kennie A. Rodgers – Assistant Supervisor of Housekeeping, Physical Plant
10 Years of Service:
- Derek K. Thornton – Assistant Vice President of Campus Operations, Physical Plant
- Marsha L. Wilcox – Financial Aid Coordinator, Financial Aid
5 Years of Service:
- Joshua D. Allen –Senior Web Administrator, Information Technology
- Kyle K. Bishop – Director of Counseling Services
- George E. Bryant – Caretaker I, Physical Plant
- Kevin T. Duffy – Groundskeeper/Gardener I
- Sahra I. Grube – General Support Staff/Mail, Physical Plant
- Patrick G. Hunt – Procurement Officer/Director of Auxiliary Operations, Business Affairs
- Roberto N. Ifill – Interim Dean of Students
- Richard W. Loheed, II – Assistant Director of Waterfront Activities, Waterfront
- Gabriel A. Mbomeh – Director of Accounting/Comptroller, Business Affairs
- Clinton B. Neill – Assistant Director of Student Activities
- Kathryn D. Newkirk – Head Women’s Field Hockey Coach, Athletics & Recreation
- Sylvester L. Parran, Jr. – Groundskeeper I
- Catherine A. Robinson – Budget Analyst, Business Affairs
Off to the Wild Blue Yonder with Our Best Wishes
Can’t imagine ever leaving this place? The following staff and faculty made the leap to retirement during 2013:
- Julia R. Bates (10 years) – Facilitator for Educational Studies and St. Mary’s Projects
- Gail Dean (29 years) – Administrative Assistant, Office of Academic Affairs
- Janet M. Kosarych-Coy (23 years) – Assistant Professor
- Jack D. Short (16 years) – Computer Programmer/Analyst, Information Technology
- Lois T. Stover (16 years) – Professor of Educational Studies
- Lane A. Anderson (19 years) – Media Infrastructure Specialist, Library
- Janet M. Lawrence (21 years) – Office Associate I, Admissions
- Donna Richardson (32 years) – Professor of English
- Admissions: Douglas R. Campbell, Assistant Director of Financial Aid for Direct Loan Program in the Office of Financial Aid
- Goodpaster Hall: Elizabeth S. Monillas, Chemistry Laboratory Coordinator
- Sybol Anderson, Associate Professor of Philosophy → Director of DeSousa Brent Scholars Program
- Ruth Feingold, Associate Professor of English/Assistant Dean of Core Curriculum & Advising Program → Associate Dean of Academic Services
- Barbara Williams, Publications Production Assistant → Office Administrator in Office of Information Technology
- Steven Gregory, Assistant Superintendent of Grounds → Superintendent of Grounds
- Jim McGuire, Resident Inspector/Assistant Project Manager → Capital Project Manager
- Brad Newkirk, Chemistry Laboratory Coordinator → Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
- Lisa Smith, Office Associate II in Office of Advancement → Administrative Assistant in Office of Planning and Facilities
- Anna Yates, Executive Assistant → Executive Assistant and Secretary to the Board of Trustees
John B. Barber, Transfer Coordinator in Admissions
Tasha Q. Love, Office Associate I in Admissions
Gary Sherman, Vice President for Enrollment Management and Dean of Admissions
Peggy R. Aud, Events and Conferences Coordinator
Joey C. Severns, Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach/Assistant Sports Information Director
Dana Burke, Director of Career Development
Office of Student Activities
In the spirit of good humor, the Office of Student Activities would like to welcome the newest member of our technological family, George. George is a copy machine that has made our lives in the office more colorful. George is named after His Royal Highness Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge. Welcome to the office, George!
- The Campus Store has done some rearranging! There is an inviting new study area for the students and insignia items are displayed in a new way. They also have a lot of new clothing items in the store that the students and staff are really enjoying. Stop on by and stock up on SMCM swag!
- The staff book club has gone digital! The Library staff have created a blog for book and film recommendations. Check out http://smcmreviews.blogspot.com/ and submit your book and/or movie reviews to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org!
- The Career Center has recently updated all of their processes, documents, and website in order to better assist students. If you have old links to the website or resources from the CDC, please disregard them and be sure to link to the new website or stop by the office to pick up updated documents. In addition to these changes, the CDC is implementing an open door policy this year in our office. Students are encouraged to walk in whenever they have time between the hours of 9-4 for resume reviews, internship assistance, career advising, or any other concerns. They can, of course, continue to make appointments online as well to ensure our undivided attention. The CDC staff are excited about the recent updates to the office and hope they allow us to streamline some of our processes and better serve the students, faculty and staff on campus. Thank you for your help!
- The Offices of the Associate Dean of Faculty and Research and Sponsored Programs have moved to Calvert Hall. Sabine Dillingham (Director of Research and Sponsored Programs) can be found in Calvert 109 and Rich Platt is in Calvert 104A. Jenny Sivak, formerly in Conferences & Events, is their new administrative assistant.
- The Office of Institutional Research has moved upstairs in Glendening Hall. Elizabeth Clune-Kneuer is in GL254, Ross Conover is in GL237, and Clayton Hartley is in GL232. Mark Heidrich, Assistant VP for Academic Administration, can now be found in Glendening 253.
- The tennis courts got a makeover! The new blue surface color is supposed to make the ball easier to track. Don’t take our word for it though- try it out for yourself! Game, set, match!
- The Office of International Education has moved to Glendening Annex. Stop by and say hi!
Italics indicate a promotion – Congratulations!
- Kelvin Clark, Academic Adviser
Admissions & Financial Aid
- Masha Bocharova ’13, Admissions Counselor
- Danielle Doubt ’12, Admissions Counselor
- Galen P. Hench ’12, Admissions Counselor
- Nadine Hutton, Director of Financial Aid
- Rob Maddox ’07, Acting Assistant Director of Admissions & Financial Aid for Reporting and Retention
- Lindsey Siferd ’13, Admissions Counselor
- Joel Wincowski, Interim Vice President for Enrollment
- Chip Jackson, Vice President for Business and Finance
Career Development Center
- Dana Burke, Interim Director of the CDC
- Katherine Shirey, Assistant Director of the CDC
- April Ryan ’09, Facilitator for Educational Studies/ Projects
- Dan Branigan, Associate Vice President of Planning and Facilities
- Katie Daly ’04, Assistant Director of Counseling Services
- Catherine Pratson, Director of Human Resources
- Raven Dan Glidden, Media Infrastructure and Technology Specialist
- Mandy Heatwole ’08, Assistant Director of the Writing Center
Office of the President
- Ian Newbould, Interim President
- Matthew Jordan, Assistant Director of Residence Life
- Daniel Schell ’10, Area Coordinator
- Lisa Coté ’09, Coordinator of Orientation & Service Programs
- Green Dot is the Sexual Assault/Wellness Advocate’s new bystander intervention pro-gram that has the simple goal of reducing power-based violence in our community by asking people to recognize potentially risky situations (red dots) and choose to do something to intervene (Green Dot). Professional staff were Green Dot trained at a luncheon this spring. To learn more or submit a Green Dot you have done recently email them at email@example.com, or contact them on Facebook or Tumblr.
- If you haven’t done so already, check out the Library’s Blog “Beyond the Bookshelves”. The Library also has a cool YouTube video with students showing where in the Library is their favorite place to study: “This is My Library.” It’s well done and has a terrific soundtrack! Watch it here.
- The Alumni Office and the Office of External Relations teamed up on a YouTube video to advertise Alumni Weekend, coming up June 7-9. Check it out here.
- Nicole T. Lay, Fiscal Administrator
- Gregory J. Beyna, Annual Giving Officer
- Jacqueline P. Trenholm, Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Benjamin P. Casto, User Support Specialist
- Alana M. Verminski, Assistant Librarian
- Kent D. Randell, College Archivist/Librarian I