Joe Carroll served as a housekeeper with the college for many years. He showed an immeasurable amount of dedication and impeccable service to our community and his spirit still resonates in our work.
With limited restrictions*, all non-exempt staff members of St. Mary’s College of Maryland are eligible for the Joe Carroll Award.
- Sitting members of the Selection Committee are not eligible.
- The current Joe Carroll Memorial Award recipient is not eligible for consideration for two (2) calendar years.
- Extra consideration will be given to employees with an exceptional length of service to the college.
- Complete the nomination form available online, from any staff senate member, or from the main office of each academic and administrative building on campus. Please return the nomination form to Lisa Youngborg (email@example.com or Campus Center 143) by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 1st. You may also call (240)895-4208 and make your nomination over the phone.
- Typed entries are strongly encouraged.
What to Include
- Nominations should explain how the nominee demonstrates excellence in one or more of the four categories.
- Nominations should be detailed and specific, providing examples of merit wherever possible.
- The Selection Committee will hold all nominations in confidence.
- Nominations can also be called in by leaving a phone message at (240)895-4208
- Completed nominations are due by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 1st.
- There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to the nomination deadline.
- 2017 – Frances Titus, fiscal associate II for Schaefer Hall
- 2016 – Sam Goodard, general trades mechanic
- 2015 – Jamal Swann, general support/ setups
- 2014 – Sahra Grube, general support/ mail
- 2013 – Earl Dean, equipment room supervisor for Athletics
- 2012 – Brenda Carter, caretaker I for Montgomery Hall