MEETINGS & EVENTS
Staff Members are welcome to attend any Staff Senate Meeting.
5/22 @ 9am; GL Annex; Staff Senate Meeting
6/5 @ 9am; GL Annex; Staff Senate Meeting
Joe Carroll Award
A 20-year member of our housekeeping staff, Joe Carroll died on July 17, 2011, at age 66. In his memory, the Joe Carroll Memorial Award was created later that year by faculty and staff. This award recognizes non-exempt staff members who exemplify Joe’s commitment to the campus.
The winner of the award for 2012 was Brenda Carter, Caretaker I for Montgomery Hall. Congratulations, Brenda!
Monthly Staff Recognition Award
Carla Blanton (Health Center) [April 2013]
"Carla goes the extra mile in providing customer service to all visitors, staff and students. She displays commitment to her team of co-workers by volunteering to work extra hours when needed and rearranging her personal schedule for extended periods of time to cover co-workers emergency leave." - Nominator
Use the links to the left to explore the six standing committees of the Staff Senate. If you are SMCM staff and interested in serving on a committee, participating in committee planning, events, or ideas, we would love to have you join us! Just contact the respective current committee chair(s).
An ad-hoc Finance/Budget/Government Relations committee chaired by Irene Olnick also exists. Its encompasses staff representation on:
- Campus Budget Committee [Tommy Cable, Mary Grube]
- Board of Trustee Committees
- Academic Affairs [Angie Draheim]
- Admissions and Financial Aid [Mandy Reinig]
- Building and Grounds [Irene Olnick]
- Community Relations [needs staff representation]
- Development [needs staff representation]
- Finance, Investment, and Audit [Irene Olnick]
- Government Relations [Lee Capristo]
- Student Affairs [needs staff representation]
- Strategic Planning Committee [Kristen Bergery]