Joe Carroll Award
A 20-year member of our housekeeping staff, Joe Carroll died on July 17, 2011, at age 66. In his memory, the Joe Carroll Memorial Award was created later that year by faculty and staff. This award recognizes non-exempt staff members who exemplify Joe’s commitment to the campus.
The winner of the award for 2013 was Earl P. Dean, Equipment Room Supervisor for Athletics. Congratulations, Earl!
Use the links to the left to explore the six standing committees of the Staff Senate. If you are SMCM staff and interested in serving on a committee, participating in committee planning, events, or ideas, we would love to have you join us! Just contact the respective current committee chair(s).
An ad-hoc Finance/Budget/Government Relations committee also exists. Its encompasses staff representation on:
- Campus Budget Committee [Tommy Cable, Mary Grube]
- Board of Trustee Committees
- Academic Affairs [Angie Draheim]
- Admissions and Financial Aid [Katie Newkirk]
- Building and Grounds [Mary Grube]
- Community Relations [needs staff representation]
- Development [needs staff representation]
- Finance, Investment, and Audit [needs staff representation]
- Government Relations [needs staff representation]
- Student Affairs [Clint Neill]
- Strategic Planning Committee [Tommy Cable]