MEETINGS & EVENTS
Staff Members are welcome to attend any Staff Senate Meeting.
5/22 @ 9am; GL Annex; Staff Senate Meeting
6/5 @ 9am; GL Annex; Staff Senate Meeting
Staff Senate NEWS
The Professional Development Committee of the Staff Senate has been hard at work at your behalf and is excited to announce a new Tuition Remission Program for Full-time Staff of SMCM to attend Maryland Community Colleges!
See here for more details about the pilot program starting in FY14.
Monthly Staff Recognition Award
Carla Blanton (Health Center) [April 2013]
"Carla goes the extra mile in providing customer service to all visitors, staff and students. She displays commitment to her team of co-workers by volunteering to work extra hours when needed and rearranging her personal schedule for extended periods of time to cover co-workers emergency leave." - Nominator
Joe Carroll Award
A 20-year member of our housekeeping staff, Joe Carroll died on July 17, 2011, at age 66. In his memory, the Joe Carroll Memorial Award was created later that year by faculty and staff. This award recognizes non-exempt staff members who exemplify Joe’s commitment to the campus.
The winner of the award for 2012 was Brenda Carter, Caretaker I for Montgomery Hall. Congratulations, Brenda!
St. Mary's College of Maryland is committed to developing and recognizing the contributions of the full range of its professionals as they work towards achieving the college's mission. The St. Mary's College of Maryland Staff Senate shall be the official representative body of the college staff. The senate offers a voice for all staff, endeavors to enhance the day-to-day work environment, and promotes a sense of community and respect across campus by fostering open communication with the college president, senior administration, faculty, students and the board of trustees.
- Foster a spirit of unity, pride, and cooperation through participation in the advisement of the college president, administration, faculty, and board of trustees on decisions that will impact the staff and the college.
- Provide an opportunity for staff to share needs, concerns, and opinions on matters concerning the college community.
- Advocate for the needs and concerns of college staff in communications with the president, administration, faculty, and board of trustees.
- Review existing college policies, procedures, programs, and benefits and make recommendations for revisions and additions.
- Educate the staff about issues affecting them and provide a forum for the exchange of information about policies, practices, and administrative changes.
- Advance the professional development and personal welfare of the staff and enhance their role in the college community.
- Promote communication, understanding, and mutual support among staff, faculty, and students.
- Recognize and celebrate the many achievements of college staff and their contributions to the success of the college.