STRATEGIC PLAN OF ST. MARY'S COLLEGE OF MARYLAND 2005-2009
- Enhance and sustain academic excellence
- Provide a diverse student population an excellent education
- Increase and efficiently allocate resources
- Improve cohesiveness throughout the College
Through discussion, the Strategic Planning Committee identified four strategic priorities and ten critical tactics. The President has affirmed that these priorities and tactics are in line with the future she envisions for the College.
Enhance and sustain academic excellence
- Increase instructional funding in critical areas.
- Internationalize the St. Mary's experience.
Provide a diverse student population an excellent education
- Improve economic diversity of the student population.
- Develop an Affirmative Action plan and designate a full-time AA/EEO Officer.
- Diversify student body and provide enhanced support services.
Increase and efficiently allocate resources
- Increase student-derived revenues
- Develop and implement a facilities master plan in coordination with the College's Strategic Plan.
Improve cohesiveness throughout the College
- Improve communication and programs between residential life, student affairs, and academic life.
- Encourage the planning of inclusive campus-wide events.
- Enhance respect for environment and facilities.