The St. Mary's Way
St. Mary's College of Maryland lies in a setting of natural beauty and historic meaning which enhances our ability to reflect on our lives in an increasingly complex, technological, and interdependent world. As a member of St. Mary's College of Maryland, I accept the St. Mary's Way and agree to join in working with others to develop this College as a community:
- Where people respect the natural environment and the tradition of tolerance which is the heritage of this place
- Where people cultivate a life-long quest for disciplined learning and creativity
- Where people take individual responsibility for their work and actions
- Where people foster relationships based upon mutual respect, honesty, integrity, and trust
- Where people are engaged in an ongoing dialogue that values differences and the unique contributions of others' talents, backgrounds, customs, and world views
- Where people are committed to examining and shaping the functional, ethical values of our changing world
- Where people contribute to a spirit of caring and an ethic of service.
By choosing to join this community, I accept the responsibility of helping to build on its past heritage, of living its ideals, and contributing to its future.
Welcome to St. Mary's!
The Dean of Students Office sponsors shuttles to BWI and Reagan National Airports at the beginning and end of semesters and at specific break times. A list of scheduled dates is below. Students who need transportation at other times throughout the academic year can arrange their own transportation through local shuttle companies. Martin's Airport Shuttle Service is located in Hollywood, MD and can be reached at 301-373-4407. SmartRide, Inc. Transportation Service is located in Prince Frederick, MD and can be reached at 410-535-6932.
St. Mary's Collge of Maryland Airport Shuttle Information 2012-2013
Shuttles will be provided to and from BWI and Reagan Airports on the following dates and times:
August 23 (2 p.m. airport pick up for NEW students only)
August 25 (2 p.m. airport pick up for returning students)
November 20 (depart campus at 3 p.m.)
November 25 (2 p.m. airport pick up)
December 14 (depart campus at 10 a.m.)
January 10 (2 p.m. airport pick up for NEW students only)
January 12 (2 p.m. airport pick up for returning students)
March 8 (depart campus at 3 p.m.)
March 17 (2 p.m. airport pick up)
May 7 (depart campus at 3 p.m.)
Special arrangements can be made for shuttles to and from Dulles Airport; however, the dates and times would be the same as outlined above.
The airports are approximately 2-2 1/2 hours from campus so be sure to take that into consideration when booking flights. The fee for each shuttle is $40 which is posted to the student’s account. If students need transportation both to and from the airport, they must sign up for both dates at least 1 week prior to the departing shuttle.
Shuttle dates/times are subject to change depending on residence hall closure dates and changes in the examination schedule.
If you have any questions or need to make a shuttle reservation, please email Monica Armstrong.