Additional College Policies and Resources
Questions? Contact Us
Kelly A. Smolinsky
Student Conduct Officer
Location: The Office of Student Conduct is located in the Campus Center, Room 150.
Student Code of Conduct
The following misconduct is subject to disciplinary action, as provided for in this Code:
- Violation of published College policies, rules and regulations.
- Violation of federal, state or local laws.
- Acts of dishonesty to include:
- Cheating, plagiarism, or other forms of academic dishonesty.
- Furnishing false information to any College instructor, official, or other office with an intent to deceive.
- Forgery, alteration, or misuse of any College document, record, instrument, or identification.
- Intentional disruption or obstruction of teaching, research, administration, disciplinary proceedings, or other College-sponsored activities.
- Physical, written, verbal, electronic, or mental abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment, coercion, and/or other conduct which threatens or endangers the health, safety, or emotional well-being of one's self or others.
- Theft, destruction, misuse or abuse to property of the College or property of a member of the College community.
- Failure to comply with a reasonable request of authorized College personnel or law enforcement officers acting in performance of their duties and/or failure to identify oneself to these persons when requested to do so.
- Tampering with, removal of, setting off, or damage to the equipment or alarm systems in any College building when no apparent fire or immediate danger exists.
- Unauthorized possession or use of keys to any College door or facility, unauthorized operation of any locking mechanism; unauthorized entry to or use of College facilities.
- Controlled substance violation to include:
- Use, possession, or distribution of narcotics or other controlled dangerous substances, and related paraphernalia on College premises, or contiguous properties except as expressly permitted by law and College regulations.
- Violation of the College Alcohol Policy.
- Illegal or unauthorized use, possession, or distribution of firearms, explosives, or other dangerous weapons or chemicals on College premises.
- Conduct which is disorderly, lewd, or indecent; breach of peace; or aiding, abetting, or procuring another person to breach the peace.
- Abuse of the Conduct System, including:
- Failure to respond to a summons of the Conduct Board or the student conduct officer.
- Initiation of a conduct proceeding knowingly without cause.
- Attempt to influence the impartiality of a member of the Conduct Board prior to or during the course of a conduct proceeding.
- Failure to complete or comply with a disciplinary sanction assigned by the Conduct Board/Hearing Officer.
- Verbal, physical, or mental harassment or intimidation of any member of the conduct body, witnesses, complainants, or respondents prior to, during, or after a conduct proceeding.
- Violation of the College Sexual Misconduct Policy.
- Violation of the College Hazing Policy