Faculty members at St. Mary’s College are our greatest asset.
Their dedication to teaching in the liberal arts tradition, professional expertise, and vital connections in their fields are of tremendous benefit to our students. Gifts to fund faculty – in the form of chairs, professorships, and teaching or research grants – enable us to support the outstanding work of these individuals by providing resources for instruction, research, and professional development.
Investments in faculty also assist the College in attracting and retaining top talent from diverse backgrounds. These individuals have the ability to infuse key areas of the curriculum with new ideas and immense vitality and to provide students with invaluable experience and mentoring. Indeed, faculty members enhance not only the reputation and competitive profile of the College, but also facilitate a welcoming and collaborative campus that enables students to meet their full potential.
Chairs and professorships provide faculty with academic distinction on campus and within their professions and are essential tools to attract and retain the finest scholars and teachers.
- Aldom-Plansoen Distinguished Professorships – established 2004
- Helen and Tom Daugherty Distinguished Chair in History and Social Science – established 2002
- Hilda C. Landers ’23 Endowed Chair in the Liberal Arts – established 1999
- Steven Muller Distinguished Professorship of Art – established 2000
- Steven Muller Distinguished Professorship of Sciences – established 2000
- George B. and Willma Reeves Endowed Chair in the Liberal Arts – established 1997
- G. Thomas and Martha Myers Yeager ’41 Endowed Chair in the Liberal Arts – established 1999