Recycling, reusing and composting are a large part of our efforts to stay green. The more students dispose of their waste properly, the more resources we can conserve.
Other sustainabile practices not everyone knows about:
- Energy-Efficient Washers – The front-load washing machines installed in all of the laundry facilities on campus save up to 70% more water than the traditional top-load machines.
- Motion Sensor Lights – Motion sensor lights are all over campus – from the bathrooms in the Library to the classrooms in Goodpaster. These lights reduce electricity used when there is no activity in an area.
- Low-flow Toilets and Showers – Most of the toilets and showers on campus are low-flow (the low-flow ones do not have the tank on the back of the toilet), and some of the toilets are dual flush, such as in the River Center and Goodpaster.
- Alternative Transportation
- Bike Rental Program – St. Mary’s encourages alternate transportation, so if you want to rent a bike, contact the Bike Shop. For more information, please contact the Bike Shop Manager at email@example.com.
- Get a ride from the STS bus.
- Start carpooling with friends or on the St. Mary’s carpool site.