- April 25-28
Continuing performances of "Working" (a musical), April 25-27 at 8:00 p.m., April 28 at 2:00 p.m., in the Bruce Davis Theater, Montgomery Hall. Ticket prices are $4 or $6. For reservations, call the Theater Box Office at 240-895-4243 (ext. 4243) or email email@example.com.
- May 1
TFMS Night, a celebration of student work in theater/performance and film, 7:30 p.m., Bruce Davis Theater. Free and open to the public.
- May 2
Final exams begin.
Table of Contents
- Liberal Arts Mission
- Production Policy
- Requirements for the
Theater Studies Major
- Requirements for the
Film and Media
Studies Major [pdf]
- Requirements for the Minors [pdf]
- Independent Study
- Junior Year Student-Faculty Conference
- Off-Campus Study
- Instructional Resources
- Filmmaking Resources
- Theater and Arts Season
- Talk-Back Night
- Audition Policy
- Performance Facilities
- Production and Shop Facilities
- Rules and Regulations for Use of Production and Shop Facilities
- Procedures for Requesting Use of Items
- Theater Production and Shop Positions and Their Responsibilities
- Paid Student Positions in TFMS
- The White Room
- TFMS Night
- Department Arts Alliance Awards
- The American College Theater Festival (ACTF) Awards
- Opportunities for Graduates
- Letters of Recommendation
- Core Play-Reading List for Theater Studies Majors [pdf]
- Core Film List for Film and Media Studies Majors [pdf]
- Check List: Theater Studies Major [pdf]
- Check List: Film and Media Studies Major [pdf]
- Guidelines and Application Procedures for St. Mary's Projects [pdf];
Application Form for St. Mary's Projects (pdf)
- Recommendation Release Form [pdf]
- Course Requirement Waiver or Substitution Form [pdf]
Where Are They Now?
Megan Rippey (class of 2008, B.A. women, gender, and sexuality studies, minor in theater studies) is currently in her final year of her M.F.A. in the acting program at the California Institute of the Arts (class of 2013).
Site maintained by:
Mark A. Rhoda
For comments about this site or suggestions for its improvement, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any second-, third-, or fourth-year student may elect to undertake an Independent Study in theater studies, film and media studies, or dance/movement--a creative or research project designed by the student and supervised by a faculty member in TFMS. The specific nature of the project, the schedule for accomplishment, and the means of evaluation must be formalized prior to registration, receive approval from a faculty adviser in TFMS, and follow all procedures and regulations of the "learning contract," as described in the College catalog. Approval of the student's academic adviser and of a member of TFMS is required. Note: Students must submit a formal proposal for an Independent Study before meeting with their prospective faculty adviser from TFMS. All rules, regulations, and procedures for use of department shop facilities and of the MH Pro-Lab and Learning Lab and of the TFMS Editing Room apply to students undertaking independent studies.
Please note: College policy prohibits offering independent studies in place of regularly offered courses.