- November 26
Thanksgiving recess begins at 10:00 p.m.; classes resume Monday, December 2.
- December 13
Last day of regularly scheduled classes for fall semester; final exams begin Monday, December 16.
- January 21
Classes resume, spring semester 2014.
- January 23
8:15-9:15 p.m., Dance Studio, MH. Auditions for dance-theater project, Encounters.
Table of Contents
- Liberal Arts Mission
- Production Policy
- Requirements for the
Theater Studies Major
- Requirements for the
Film and Media
Studies Major [pdf]
- Requirements for the Minors [pdf]
- Independent Study
- Junior Year Student-Faculty Conference
- Off-Campus Study
- Instructional Resources
- Filmmaking Resources
- Main Stage Productions & Film Series
- Talk-Back Night
- Audition Policy
- Performance Facilities
- Production and Shop Facilities
- Rules and Regulations for Use of Production and Shop Facilities
- Procedures for Requesting Use of Items
- Theater Production and Shop Positions and Their Responsibilities
- Paid Student Positions in TFMS
- The White Room
- TFMS Night
- Department Arts Alliance Awards
- The Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival (KCACTF) Awards
- Opportunities for Graduates
- Letters of Recommendation
- Core Play-Reading List for Theater Studies Majors [pdf]
- Core Film List for Film and Media Studies Majors [pdf]
- Check List: Theater Studies Major [pdf]
- Check List: Film and Media Studies Major [pdf]
- Guidelines and Application Procedures for St. Mary's Projects [pdf];
Application Form for St. Mary's Projects (pdf)
- Recommendation Release Form [pdf]
- Course Requirement Waiver or Substitution Form (pdf)
Where Are They Now?
Megan Rippey (class of 2008, B.A. women, gender, and sexuality studies, minor in theater studies) recently completed her M.F.A. in acting at the California Institute of the Arts (class of 2013).
Site maintained by:
Mark A. Rhoda
For comments about this site or suggestions for its improvement, contact: email@example.com
Bruce Davis Theater: Located in the Montgomery Hall Fine Arts building, rm. 171, the recently renovated Bruce Davis Theater (2010) is a multi-functional space. The location of many TFMS acting and literature classes and of all main stage productions, the Theater seats up to 200, depending on its configuration (proscenium, thrust, arena, or alley).
The White Room: Located in the Montgomery Hall Fine Arts building, rm. 20C, The White Room is a student-run performance space seating approximately 25-50. Used also as a laboratory for the technical/design classes and occasionally as a rehearsal space for main stage productions, The White Room functions principally as a laboratory for student-produced work. View more information about The White Room.
Dance/Movement Studio: Located in the Montgomery Hall Fine Arts building, rm. 107, the dance studio accommodates all dance and movement classes of TFMS, and occasionally other department offerings, as scheduling demands. Principally a classroom/laboratory space for the department's dance and movement curriculum, the Studio may also be used as an experimental performance space. The studio is equipped with permanent barres, a mirrored wall, dressing rooms, and a floor of maple. Street shoes must be removed before entering this space.