- September 4
TFMS Open House, 7:30-8:30 p.m.+, Bruce Davis Theater, MH. Come enjoy the party! Mandatory for declared and intended TFMS majors.
- September 9-10
Auditions, Much Ado About Nothing, 6:00-10:00 p.m., Bruce Davis Theater, MH. Contact the director, Michael Ellis-Tolaydo, for information.
- September 22
Eighth Annual TFMS Film Series, with filmmaker Joshua Oppenheimer ("The Act of Killing"), 7:15 p.m., Cole Cinema, Campus Center. Free and open to the public.
- October 20
Eighth Annual TFMS Film Series, with filmmaker Lynne Sachs ("Your Day Is My Night"), 8:15 p.m., Cole Cinema, Campus Center. Free and open to the public.
- October 30-31
Performances of "Falling Man, a dance-art project," with Leonard Cruz & Caitie Sullivan, 8:00 p.m. (Oct. 30) & 4:30 p.m. (Oct. 31), Boyden Gallery, MH. Free and open to the public.
Table of Contents
- Liberal Arts Mission
- Production Policy
- Requirements for the
Theater Studies Major
- Requirements for the
Film and Media
Studies Major [pdf]
- Requirements for the Minors [pdf]
- Independent Study
- Junior Year Student-Faculty Conference
- Off-Campus Study
- Instructional Resources
- Filmmaking Resources
- Main Stage Productions & Film Series
- Talk-Back Night
- Audition Policy
- Performance Facilities
- Production and Shop Facilities
- Rules and Regulations for Use of Production and Shop Facilities
- Procedures for Requesting Use of Items
- Theater Production and Shop Positions and Their Responsibilities
- Paid Student Positions in TFMS
- The White Room
- TFMS Night
- Department Arts Alliance Awards
- The Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival (KCACTF) Awards
- Opportunities for Graduates
- Letters of Recommendation
- Core Play-Reading List for Theater Studies Majors [pdf]
- Core Film List for Film and Media Studies Majors [pdf]
- Check List: Theater Studies Major [pdf]
- Check List: Film and Media Studies Major [pdf]
- Guidelines and Application Procedures for St. Mary's Projects [pdf];
Application Form for St. Mary's Projects (pdf)
- Recommendation Release Form [pdf]
- Course Requirement Waiver or Substitution Form (pdf)
Where Are They Now?
Megan Rippey (class of 2008, B.A. women, gender, and sexuality studies, minor in theater studies) recently completed her M.F.A. in acting at the California Institute of the Arts (class of 2013).
Site maintained by:
Mark A. Rhoda
For comments about this site or suggestions for its improvement, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
TFMS NightDuring the last week of spring semester, TFMS sponsors TFMS Night, a one-evening potpourri of performance activities that showcases student work in the performing arts and in film and media at St. Mary's College. Students enrolled in TFMS courses (e.g. acting, directing, movement and dance, documentary practices, media production) perform scenes or screen films from work crafted in class or full-length pieces (e.g. one-acts) designed to satisfy requirements of a particular class' final project. An evening of activities, however, is not limited exclusively to performance of classroom work; students simply interested in performing or in showcasing their work, independent of a classroom project, are welcome to participate.
Students interested in participating in TFMS Night must inform the department's two student representatives, who are responsible for organizing and advertising the event, of their intention to participate, the work to be performed, and the location of their performance. Requests for specialty items only for the performance of acting scenes, dance and/or movement pieces, and directing projects must be made to the technical director. Ultimately, students are responsible for the proper care and maintenance of all borrowed property, which must be returned immediately following the performance of the work.