Connected and Grounded
The Wellness Committee serves St. Mary's College of Maryland by supporting events and providing information that contribute to the physical and mental well-being of members of the college community. The Wellness Committee initially convened on May 19, 2008. Since then the committee has sponsored the annual Wellness Fair, walking events in support of the local pantry and Toys for Tots, and the summer picnic. We're looking for new ways to work with our college community, so if you have an event or cause that you would like us to support, please contact us.
Bon Appetit offers a number of pages that provide information on the environment, sustainability, nutrition, and wellness. Check out their web site.
The current committee members are:
- Rannieta Rothwell (co-chair) Office of Human Resources
- Leslie Tucker (co-chair) Athletics and Recreation
- Barbara Cooke Physical Plant
- Tom Fisher Athletics and Recreation
- Lucy Myers Office Associate, Kent Hall
- Meghan Root Health/Counseling
- Maria Snyder Office Associate, Registrar
- Sherrie Wooldridge International Education