Kelly Muldoon, M.A., LCPAT, LCPC, ATR-BC, is the on-call Sexual Assault Advocate for students who attend St. Mary’s College of Maryland. She has been trained to assist students who have experienced an unwanted sexual experience. We want to emphasize that it is always a student’s choice whether or not they want to utilize the available services. The mission of the Advocate is to ensure that students feels safe and comfortable on campus and aims to accomplish this by providing the following services:
- Transports students to and from the hospital after a sexual assault to receive medical assistance and/or a SAFE (Sexual Assault Forensic Evidence) Exam
- The Advocate can be present with the student to provide emotional support, to be a liaison between nurses and doctors, and communicate with family or friends if the student chooses.
- Communicates with Academic Services to arrange accommodations
- Accompanies students to Title IX meetings
- The Advocate ensures that students understand terminology, provides emotional support, offers break times, and helps complete paperwork.
- Walks with students to, or meets student at, Public Safety if they wish to file an Incident Report or No-Contact Order
- Provides assistance navigating the criminal justice system
- The Advocate can help students complete a Protective Order or Peace Order, transport students to court hearings, and accompany students during the hearing process.
- Supplies off campus resources, such as: