The Sexual Misconduct Advocacy and Resource Team (SMART) is a group of trained peer advocates at St. Mary’s College of Maryland dedicated to supporting survivors of unwanted sexual experiences through the operation of a 24/7 confidential hotline and campus programming. SMART organizes a number of outreach and community events throughout the academic year focused on supporting survivors, educating our community, and preventing sexual violence. SMART is supervised by the Advocate, who is a member of Counseling and Psychological Services at The Wellness Center.
Confidential 24/7 Hotline
The SMARTies operate a confidential 24/7 hotline that provides peer support and on/off campus resources to students affected by sexual violence and friends or loved ones of survivors.
To speak with a member of SMART please call (301) 904-2015.
Please note the hotline is staffed only during the academic year when the college is open.
The Sexual Misconduct Advocacy and Resource Team (SMART) accept applications in the Spring semester for the following academic year. Contact Staff Therapist/Advocate, Kelly Muldoon at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Sign up for hotline shifts.
- Help plan major events related to sexual violence prevention, education, and supporting survivors.
- Twice monthly meeting attendance for continued training, current events discussions, and planning upcoming events.
- Attendance at training sessions at the beginning of the Fall semester.
- Provide informed and supportive peer advocacy
- Participate and support event planning and outreach activities
- Be a positive member of our community by upholding the values of The St. Mary’s Way
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher
Connect with Us
24/7 Hotline: (301) 904-2015 (staffed during academic year when college is open)
E-mail us at email@example.com or find us on social media.