The Sexual Misconduct Advocacy and Resource Team (SMART) is a group of trained peer advocates at St. Mary’s College of Maryland dedicated to supporting survivors of unwanted sexual experiences. SMARTies provide a confidential 24/7 hotline that provides peer support and on / off campus resources to students affected by sexual violence and friends or loved ones of survivors. SMART also organizes a number of outreach and community events throughout the academic year focused on supporting survivors, educating our community, and preventing sexual violence. SMART is supervised by the Advocate, who is a member of Counseling and Psychological Services at The Wellness Center.
To speak with a member of SMART please call (301) 904-2015.
Please note the hotline is staffed only during the academic year when the college is open.
Interested in Joining?
The Sexual Misconduct Advocacy and Resource Team (SMART) accepts new applications during the Spring Semester.
- Sign up for hotline shifts (approximately 7 days and at least 1 weekend).
- Help plan major events related to sexual violence prevention, education, and supporting survivors.
- Twice monthly meeting attendance for continued training, current events discussions, and planning upcoming events.
- Attendance at training sessions at the beginning of each semester.
- Provide informed and supportive peer advocacy
- Participate and support event planning and outreach activities
- Be a positive member of our community by upholding the values of The St. Mary’s Way
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher